View Full Version : Help needed with <ul>, client visiting today

the_jamester
01-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Hey guys, I'm hoping that you guys can give me some advice for a <ul> that's funky in IE.

Please check out www.keystonehomestx.com/element

The list shows up fine in Opera, but displays wrongly in IE.

I used extra padding-bottom to make the active tab seem to have no border-bottom.

Help appreciated! The client is coming to visit in a few hours!

James

P.S. The green background is for viewing purposes only - why the margin in Opera? It seems fine in IE.

mcdougals4all
01-29-2005, 05:54 PM
I had a similar issue with IE when using an unordered list this way.

Declaring a width on the ul itself caused the top and bottom borders of the inline list items to disappear. I ended up removing the width declaration from the ul and letting it expand to the width of its parent container.

But your layout is a more 'pixel-perfect' approach, so you could try enclosing the ul in a div, and apply the necessary width to the div instead.

the_jamester
01-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Thanks alot, mcdougals.

I added a div around the ul, took the width property off of the ul, and that cleared up the bottom of the ul issue atleast. I then added 10px (more than 10px would also work, maybe a little less too) to the padding-top of the div. Looks as intended!

Only thing bothering me now is the margin (padding maybe?) underneath the ul and content div in opera.

Thanks again,
James

*** Edit: www.keystonehomestx.com/element updated to show changes. ***

mcdougals4all
01-29-2005, 06:21 PM
Not sure about that. You may try adding display:inline; to the news <h2>.

the_jamester
01-29-2005, 06:25 PM
Odd...

I changed the margin-top of the h3 from 15px to 0 and the gap disappeared. I supposed that was the ?problem. Now, to figure out how to put some space between the h3 and the top without pulling down the h2.

I'll keep playing around.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum