View Full Version : How to access selections from combo box?

01-27-2005, 09:59 PM
I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I have a combo box on my page just like this one http://javascript.internet.com/forms/form-swapper-2.html

But, I don't know how to access the selections a user might make. Does anyone know how to do this?

Mr J
01-27-2005, 11:04 PM
A couple of options here

In the opening tag

01-27-2005, 11:32 PM
Thanks for helping.

In my particular version the combo box opens in a new <div> layer because it has many options and each option is pretty long (so it wouldn't look good if just left on the main page.)

I have a SAVE button which selects the added options (the ones the user has put into the right hand <select>) and what I want it to do is have a script write the text of the selections into a <textarea> on the main page.

My problem is, right now my SAVE button appends the index of the selections to the url, for instance, like this

(list2 being the right hand <select> box in the combo.)

AS you can see, it works in that it gives me the index of the selections, but what I have no clue about is how do I get at those values in the url.

Is there a way to access those values in the URL? (so that the associated text can be written into a textarea)

thanks for help.

Mr J
01-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Take a look here for information about transfering data to another page, this might help you.