View Full Version : embed music player

01-26-2005, 07:28 PM
I thank those again for helping me with my other ?. Using html on my active desktop with embed music I would like to now be able to turn it off. I have used diffrent scripts that show a control off, on, pause etc. but when its on my desktop the controls will not work. If I was to use it other than on the desktop it works fine. I use WIN ME.

01-26-2005, 09:06 PM
which type of embedded music player are u referring to? just that is like
<embed src="http://songhere.mp3">? if that is the case then just set a width and a height and add controls=true and set autostart=true or autostart=false but if that is not the case perhaps point us in the direction of your last question or post the code that you were helped with

01-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Here is the code I'm trying to use within my html document for my desktop.

<embed src="xxxxxxxx.mp3" width=100 height=50 controls=smallconsole autostart=true autorestart=true loop=false>

and this works fine anyplace other than my desktop

01-27-2005, 01:21 AM
Have you tried using the <object> and <param> tags?

<object data="xxxxxxxx.mp3" width="100" height="50">
<param name="controls" value="smallconsole">
<param name="autostart" value="true">
<param name="autorestart" value="true">
<param name="loop" value="false">
<param name="src" value="xxxxxxxx.mp3">
Error text.

Edit: Don't forget to add "/" before the ">" in the <param> tags if you are using XHTML.

Hope that helps!

01-27-2005, 02:53 AM
Tried the object and param codes with no success. Even tried all on my lap top running XP PRO, NO LUCK. It does not like to have a control box on the desktops.

02-10-2005, 12:21 AM
The easiest and fastest way is to just put

<embed src="url here" autostart="true" width="200" height="45">

For instance, this (http://www.knology.net/rob943/music/steppe.html)

Works nicely, the only thing is you can't add multiple songs to the play list. It's not necessary to add all the other paramater controls, just set a height and width, which really only needs to be width="100" height="45", but I like to use 200, just looks better.

02-18-2005, 05:10 PM
I understand it will work using a web page on my desktop that might have embeded music. What is happening when I build a web page using notepad that will have embeded music that is showing a width, height, controls and than try to display it on my active desktop? Why would this not work?