View Full Version : Upload and Resize an image using ASP

01-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Hi Guys,
I have a web page which'll allow a user upload some pictures. Problem is, different users have different sizes of pictures. I was wondering if there was a way to resize the picture just before it is saved on the server? If not, then is there a way of resizing it just when i'm about to display it?
I googled around a bit but all i got were sites which had components that would help me do just that. I don't want to use components cos my host won't allow me use any external components, just want to use pure ASP (or maybe js).
All help appreciated. Thanks

01-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Try searching here:

01-26-2005, 06:12 PM
OK, thanks a lot. I'll follow the links. Most of the information is still about downloading components though, but i got some useful stuff.

01-26-2005, 10:24 PM
tboss, I am having the same problem, have you had any luck finding the answer? I wonder if this is a very complicated issue?

01-28-2005, 03:18 PM
I ain't found an answer yet. All the stuff on the site is talking about downloading components or active x controls. Is there no way to do this using pure ASP? I don't even need to resize the images. If i am able to read the sizes as they are coming into the database, i can always scale it down when displaying them.

Pls don't tell me to google or search the forums. I've done that for over an hour.