View Full Version : Auto text typer

daze
01-24-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm not really asking for how to code one, I just need one for my everyday doings. (Helps with emails, passwords etc.)

Anyone know where I could get an auto typer? One that I could save short messages in and then enter them in a text box by pressing a hotkey?

I know AutoTextTyper 3.0 would work well but apparently it's only for Mac users, and I'm using a PC with Windows Xp.

Anyone know where I could find one? Or have you coded one yourself?

Thanks!

rynox
01-24-2005, 06:44 PM
I would look into AutoIt

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

I use it for automating registry changes, etc in a login script, but it will also simulate keystrokes and you can even compile to .exe

ryno

shallyee
01-25-2005, 06:04 AM
Maybe you would like try "Adist":
http://www.download.com/Adist/3000-2368_4-10301617.html
http://www.geocities.jp/whorent/

This is originally designed for autotype mail address to mailer, but
you can use it for any purpose by customize your own dictionary.

daze
01-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Thanks, guys, but I'm not sure if that's really what I need.

You see, I use some programs that don't allow ctrl+v or any other copypasting methods. The only way to insert text into them is to enter a letter by letter, the keyboard style.

So what I need is a program that I can save a message into, choose a hotkey for the message and that "types" the text into the program when I press the hotkey.

Imagine it as a robot pressing buttons on my keyboard, but just without the robot and with an easy-to-use script.

It would help if I could choose the time between every letter, so that I could even set it to type a whole sentence in a couple of seconds. Also if I could make it "press" the enter key after the message it would help a lot.

I'm no coding genious so I don't know how this would work. But I *have* seen some people use these scripts so I know they exist. I just don't know how to use complicated programs, scripts etc. so I need a for-newbies program, practically.

:)

ghell
01-25-2005, 01:02 PM
you could always use a macro program i spose :p
i tried iolo macro magic but apparently macro express is much better :thumbsup:

daze
01-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Ty Ghell, Macro Express works like a dream :D

(It's a 30 day trial though, know any free programs like that?)

Thanks!

tkjb
02-02-2007, 12:49 AM
i been looking for a program exactly like he wants.
i found one then lost it. it was called something like quickkeys or swiftkeys or something keys.
It was perfect and didnt restrict you to one program - it litterally typed sentences for you.
Anyone know the one im talking about

rafiki
02-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks, guys, but I'm not sure if that's really what I need.

You see, I use some programs that don't allow ctrl+v or any other copypasting methods. The only way to insert text into them is to enter a letter by letter, the keyboard style.

So what I need is a program that I can save a message into, choose a hotkey for the message and that "types" the text into the program when I press the hotkey.

Imagine it as a robot pressing buttons on my keyboard, but just without the robot and with an easy-to-use script.

It would help if I could choose the time between every letter, so that I could even set it to type a whole sentence in a couple of seconds. Also if I could make it "press" the enter key after the message it would help a lot.

I'm no coding genious so I don't know how this would work. But I *have* seen some people use these scripts so I know they exist. I just don't know how to use complicated programs, scripts etc. so I need a for-newbies program, practically.

:)

RUNESCAPE RULE BREAKER LMAO

Antoniohawk
02-12-2007, 08:17 PM
AutoHotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/) is by far the best one that I've found.

GreatKhan
02-13-2007, 09:55 AM
RUNESCAPE RULE BREAKER LMAO

Lol.. I made a program for a friend to automatically combine stuff or something. You can use auto-it to spam, I'd suggest using it for this purpose.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum