View Full Version : print iframe

nikko50
01-24-2005, 04:26 AM
Helllo all:)
I have a page that contains an iframe window. I would like to place a print link within the iframe window. Is it possible to place the print button within the iframe and only print the contents of the iframe window or do I have to place the print button on the parent window??
Tracy:)

chump2877
01-24-2005, 05:20 AM
Are your iframe contents local, or are you linking to someone else's site and server?

To place a print button inside the iframe itself, the page would have to be local...I don't think there is a way around this if the page is from someone elses's site...

As far as printing just the iframe window itself, there is a way to do this with javascript, but I don't know how easy it is, and I don;t know how much javascript you know...

If you do a search for "print iframe" on this message board (see link at the top of this page), there is message string that addresses almost this exact same issue:

http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=45573&highlight=print+iframe

It usually helps if you do a search before posting a repeat question....just FYI

hope this helps....

gish
01-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Hi all,

I am printing an iframe in javascript. But the url appears in the web page also comes to the print out. Can I know a way to avoid this issue?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum