View Full Version : Automatic server calls

01-24-2005, 03:58 AM
I'm thinking of getting a script that performs a database operation on a regular basis. How would I code that? Some code that will automatically call a script/perform an operaiton at a regular and specific intervals! :D

01-24-2005, 04:20 AM
You could create a web service that performs your operation for you. I'm sure if you do a quick search for web service you'd find some useful information.

01-24-2005, 12:23 PM
I'll try that doing that. I was thinking that it was like a particular language of summin i'd have to learn? No?
I'll try google.... :thumbsup: Any ideas of keywords i could use....

01-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Look at WIndows Scripting Host...

www.devguru.com should have some info.

01-25-2005, 01:25 PM
the link in my sig is actually for WSH :thumbsup:

if you have a mssql server i think you can schedule on there, otherwise look up a windows scheduler, i think i have used this one before, but there are several that call themselves wincron :p http://www.splinterware.com/products/wincron.htm

01-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Is there like a special name for it oe the servers.... i've tried searching for Windows Scripting Host but all i've got is information on what it is. I wana find a server with this facility.... so any hints? :confused:

01-25-2005, 04:45 PM
wsh is used in .vbs files a lot, probably in vb applications too (i dont know i use c++ and java:p), ive never seen it used in asp though