View Full Version : Word wrap/css margin issue...

chump2877
01-22-2005, 02:33 AM
Can someone help me pinpoint a problem with the text wrap/left margin issue inside the "INDUSTRY NEWS BRIEFS - TECHNOLOGY & MEDIA" box on this page: http://www.mediamogulsweb.com/industry_news.shtml#briefs...

The copy should be flush left, aligned with the subheads.....It's definitely a CSS problem...But I've been looking at this for a little bit, and I'm not making any progress...thanks for any help! :thumbsup:

rmedek
01-22-2005, 07:47 PM
You're surrounding the text you need aligned with <span>. <span> is inline, meaning the margin assigned to it won't "wrap" along with it.

If you place your text in <p> tags-- which you should be doing anyway-- you can apply a little margin or padding and it'll wrap just fine.

You could actually save TONS of code and space by coding that page a little more semantically; plus it'll make it easier to debug. It took awhile for me to wade through your tables and font tags to find the problem...

chump2877
01-22-2005, 09:43 PM
thanks for wading throught that and for the tip about the <span> and <p> tags...sorry if the code is a little sloppy, some of it isn't mine...anyway, your tip worked... :thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum