View Full Version : Browse to file - VBA

Basscyst
01-20-2005, 07:20 PM
I need to allow my users to navigate to a file, so I can then retrieve the path to the file and do with the file what I will. I've found a buch of examples but none seem to work. I just need the same functionality as <input type="file" /> in HTML. I'm using Access 2000. I guess I could write a script to do it myself, but it seems as though there should just be a way to open the built in dialogue.

Thanks,
Basscyst

codegoboom
01-21-2005, 12:30 AM
If the Access OM doesn't have a method, this may do it: Using the Common Dialog Control (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbcon98/html/vbconcommondialogcontrol.asp)

oracleguy
01-21-2005, 04:47 AM
If you can't use the common dialog control, there are some API calls you can make to do it. I'm sure you can find them if you were to search around.

codegoboom
01-21-2005, 03:32 PM
And if you can't find those, :D

Windows Program Compatibility Wizard registers a CompatUI.SelectFile class, which mimics the html form control...

Basscyst
01-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Thanks guys, I have to redesign something I made using an hta front end, access backend, to an access front end, sql back. I think I have it all mapped out once I get this file browsing figured out.

Basscyst

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum