View Full Version : Creating custom Links for Adobe Acrobat Professional

cleven
01-20-2005, 04:25 PM
I am new to Acrobat, and I am not a programmer.

I have a PDF file with a lot of links that go from one page to another within the same document. What I would like to do now is to create a link or a button that open the File/Open window and set the path to a location on our network. I have created a custom link that executes a menu item: File/Open, it opens the window for My Documents. I need to set the path to a different folder, this will allow the user to decide what file they want to open in the folder.

Can this be done using JavaScript?

Any help is really appreciated, remember I am not a programmer so it needs to be simple or explained in detail so I know how to make it work.

thanks
cleven

Kor
01-21-2005, 04:35 PM
javascript is a client-side language associated with the web (html) pages. I don't see how you may use it whithin a pdf file...

codegoboom
01-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Applications other than browsers can, and do implement JS. If the Acrobat object model has methods for such things, or allows for creation of automation objects, and the user has not disabled script settings, then it would be possible, but not from JS alone. You'll have to check the Adobe documentation.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum