View Full Version : do you trust ebay?

mcq
01-19-2005, 07:44 PM
do you?
i bught a ipod for £200 (mini) and was broke when i got it and it said brand new.

JamieR
01-19-2005, 08:07 PM
did you pay with Paypal? If you did, then you get a 30 day protection guarantee if you get ripped off or conned - however I don't know if this covers damaged good.

However, if you received it damaged, I would contact the seller and ask for a replacement and your money back and then leave negative feedback :eek:
If you can't contact the seller, or they doesn't reply, then complain to eBay :thumbsup:

mcq
01-19-2005, 08:10 PM
the guy gave me a replacement ipod (the 40gb one)!!! :) :p :p :p :) :) :)

JamieR
01-19-2005, 08:19 PM
good....see people on eBay are trustworthy :p

ArcticFox
01-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Sellers are usually good.
Buyers are a whole other breed! It can be like pulling teeth to get them to pay up!

I did get my car from an eBay auction - from someone (now a friend) in Los Angeles! :eek:

Grant Palin
01-19-2005, 11:16 PM
eBay is built on trust...If sellers didn't trust buyers to pay, or buyers didn't trust sellers to send the item, then the system would not work.

In my experience, having bought and sold a few times before, I've had no problems.

JamieR
01-19-2005, 11:29 PM
In my opinion, eBay is great - better than a lot of shops with the prices :eek:
I've never had any problems anyhow.

mcq
01-20-2005, 08:08 PM
ok . they can be generous but maybe not all the time

dniwebdesign
01-20-2005, 08:43 PM
It really isn't EBay that you should complain. It would the seller, ebay technically has no contact with the actual item. I've boughten a few things and so far so good. :thumbsup: But nothing beat ClickABid when it was still around... :D

mcq
01-21-2005, 08:00 PM
It really isn't EBay that you should complain. It would the seller, ebay technically has no contact with the actual item. I've boughten a few things and so far so good. :thumbsup: But nothing beat ClickABid when it was still around... :D
ok. i get it now

shinko_metsuo
01-22-2005, 01:42 AM
well if anyone remebers switchhouse (the went into amazon now) they are the same you just have to know who you are buying from

mcq
01-22-2005, 11:35 AM
well if anyone remebers switchhouse (the went into amazon now) they are the same you just have to know who you are buying from
i dont know what switchhouse is.......

mcq
01-23-2005, 05:07 PM
i got a samsung e800 4 £6!!!!

sweenster
01-23-2005, 10:21 PM
i got a samsung e800 4 £6!!!!

bargains galore to be had on ebay... i bought my car on there for £600 (about US$1000)

Mhtml
01-24-2005, 03:53 AM
I've bought loads of things from eBay including graphics cards, xbox and pc games, mobile phones and auto parts and the only problem I ever had was one guy getting really sick so his wife had to handle it and she had to ask me how and where to send my stuff so I waited an extra day... Always check the seller's raitings and specifically the negative ones to see what trouble you could be getting yourself into, and if you don't feel comfortable with the seller DON'T BUY FROM THEM. It's just like in real life, if a sales person tries to pressure you into something just tell them where to go and leave...so if the item description is vague or is mainly just images and text from the manufacturer website I advise against buying that item.

And always contact the seller and ask for more details, note their response. As a rule I only buy from people who can spell and use correct grammar, it indicates they have half a brain at least.

ashish
01-25-2005, 05:02 AM
well i had contemplated on buying a new PC from E-bay.. but sort of decided against it at the last moment..... read a few bad reviews about the seller.....

there r all sorts of ppl out there..... always good to b careful when buying online....

tboss132
01-25-2005, 08:15 AM
In Ebay, it's good to know the number of deals the seller's been involved in and to read the reviews. I once bought a laptop from someone only to find out the screen was cracked. His insurance refused to cover it saying he didn't package the laptop very well and so should take the blame, Fortunately, the seller had good reviews and I was lucky i got my money back.

zoobie
01-29-2005, 03:43 AM
The sellers on eBay are leaving in droves. This is one company that has gone gaga with greed, misrepresentation, and overcharges. Since April of 2004 when they first screwed up, they have shown the small seller nothing but contempt. They hid their problems from stockholders by having free listing days to bolster their numbers. Everyone predicted they would fall...and a week ago, they finally did. Their stock dropped 20%. Ebay's solution? To raise store prices 80%...Yes, that's correct...80%. Who has ever heard of a 80% price increase? Anyway, that's why the sellers are leaving in droves. It's obvious to the small seller that eBay is weeding them out in favor of the big boys...some of who are leaving too.When the Feb 18th price increase goes into effect, it's predicted several thousand stores will close on the 17th. Sellers are being warned to close their stores a day or two before as they predict the servers will be jammed on the 17th. :)

cooleo100d
01-29-2005, 04:11 AM
I trust ebay transactions. I used to sell a lot of stuff, and sometimes you have to watch the buyers I found out. I was selling some sports cards, each about $18 buy it now. I kid came up to my auctions and did buy it now on a number of them. He didn't pay, and didn't respond to any emails. We called him up to ask where the payment is, and a parent answers and said her kids friend bid on it as a joke. I got pissed off. Although I had this one bad experience, most of the people do quick easy transactions.

~David

Crake
02-08-2005, 07:30 PM
i brough a diamond bmx bike there fior about £25 if you get items broke/not working then it isnt realy ebays thought ebay dident send it to you the seller did if ebay was selling stuff then ye! but ebay are able to help you so id say ye i like ebay :D

mcq
02-12-2005, 07:52 PM
bargains galore to be had on ebay... i bought my car on there for £600 (about US$1000)
heh thats cheap! wat car waz it?

mcq
02-12-2005, 07:55 PM
well i had contemplated on buying a new PC from E-bay.. but sort of decided against it at the last moment..... read a few bad reviews about the seller.....

there r all sorts of ppl out there..... always good to b careful when buying online....
hey, you would probably be better going to www.kelkoo.com

bfsog
05-17-2005, 09:24 AM
Ive had two experiences. One: I bought a concert ticket, received payment fine.

Two: I bought a concert ticket, I never received ticket. Before then me and the seller had contact, then it stopped. I tried in vein to contact him, I phoned his parents, they sympathised (sp) but said it was up to him what he did.

I complained to ebay, but nothing has happened.

I do not trust sellers, but ebay I do

Mhtml
05-17-2005, 09:34 AM
I just won a bid on the blade trilogy, but the day i paid the seller unregistered from ebay and so I have no contact details. I've left it a week and a half and still no contact or dvds so I'm going to try get eBay to help me out, they will refund most of the money (only $60AUD but still, I could get a carton with that cash!)...and I think I might just do that with my refunded cash, or save it I dunno :cool:.

ChronicleX.com
05-17-2005, 11:51 AM
And always contact the seller and ask for more details, note their response. As a rule I only buy from people who can spell and use correct grammar, it indicates they have half a brain at least.

I find that offensive it just proves that you donít have much up there for saying a thing like that. Some people have problems remembering words or could have a condition like dyslexia. Or could just have spasms and find it hard to type.

There could be loads of reasons for it but it donít mean that they donít have a brain or could be stupid just because they canít spell many famous people who changed what we are today could not spell.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum