View Full Version : ms excel

cornnfedd
08-28-2002, 02:31 AM
Normally when I have 2 different files open in excel there are 2 tabs in teh start bar down the bottom, which means its easy for me to change from one file to another if I have alot of things open. All of a sudden when I have 2 files open in excel only the single tab shows on the start bar and I have to click on window then choose the other file to get to it. Does anybody know why this has happened or how I can change it back 2 before????

I am using excel 2000, win 98.

thanks for any help you can provide.

cornnfedd

justame
08-28-2002, 01:26 PM
cor...
just a from® the 'horizontal menu list' thattts just a cross® the top??? did you just a try® going...
window-->just a rrange®--> n' from thattt menu select...cascade

just a suggestion® n' hoping it works for ya...just a goodluck® :O)))

jujubees
08-28-2002, 05:47 PM
Try

Tools --> Options --> View --> Windows in Taskbar

:)

cornnfedd
08-29-2002, 05:38 AM
thanks for the help with that.

Ive done anther silly thing, whilst messing around with the tool bar I have managed to remove or delete the 'data' menu in excel. this happened when I was trying to add more toolbar icons etc to the toolbar. For the life of me I cant work out how to get the menu back to what is was before.

Please help, i KNow its PrObAbLy somthing obvious but i cant work it out.

thanks for any and all help.

cornnfedd :(

jujubees
08-29-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by cornnfedd
Ive done anther silly thing, whilst messing around with the tool bar I have managed to remove or delete the 'data' menu in excel. this happened when I was trying to add more toolbar icons etc to the toolbar. For the life of me I cant work out how to get the menu back to what is was before.Tools --> Customize --> Commands

Under "Categories," scroll down and select "Built-in Menus."

In the right column, scroll down until you see "Data" (it's about half-way down).

Click and drag "Data" from the right column to the toolbar (it should be between "Tools" and "Window.").

:)

boxer_1
08-29-2002, 08:05 PM
Another place you may want to look at for some other useful options is View -> Toolbars -> Customize. You should see 3 tabs: Toolbars, Commands, and Options. Explore around there a little and also see Tools -> Options (the "View" tab in particular). Should find everything you're looking for. Just be sure that if you make changes that you remember (keep a txt file if you have to) where and how you made the changes in case you need to go back.

Finally, if you get really messed up choose Help -> Detect and Repair and restore your default settings.

jujubees
08-29-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by boxer_1
View -> Toolbars -> CustomizeThat takes you to the same screen as my solution. ;)

cornnfedd
08-30-2002, 06:11 AM
cheers 4 the help :thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum