View Full Version : emailing thru a form

acf01
12-06-2004, 04:13 PM
I have a quick question, is there any way that I can code/write a Java script to send an email to either one of two email drop boxes, depending on which dept is selected on a webform dept# drop-down box?

I have a cgi script that will send my form via email, but I have 2 email drop boxes that when a certain department is selected in the dept drop down box, it needs to go to one of the email addresses, depending on which dept is selected. I have been told that using js, and an "and" or "if" statement, that it can be done. I have some js experience, but not alot. My searches on the web haven't pulled up anything either.

thanks

jbot
12-06-2004, 04:39 PM
is there any way that I can code a CGI or Java script to send an email to either one of two email drop boxes, depending on which dept is selected on a webform dept# drop-down box?

yes, there is a way!

acf01
12-06-2004, 05:10 PM
any idea where I could view some sample code/script, so that I could learn to write it, instead of just cutting and pasting the code--once I actually write the code I retain it better. I have had to learn what I know about js, on my own, without any formal training or help.

Thanks!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum