View Full Version : Funniest Idiot Ever

ghell
11-24-2004, 03:25 PM
this thread will prob be deleted by moderators within 5 minutes of me writing it but i dont mind..

the funniest thing just happened in my ICT class, my m8 (who is writing a website for his coursework) just bought a domain name and paid for a server for 2 years WITHOUT CHECKING WHAT SORTA SERVER IT WAS

he now has a server that probably only supports html and he needs to use a server side language to link it to a database to make it the minimum a level standard ='D

i dont think he even knows html to think of it...

ok... so you lot prob dont think its funny.. but i think its hillarious :D

hmm maby i should post a question.. since this is like a help forum.. erm...meaning of life?.. anyone?

PS: sorry about the all caps subject but i didnt think people would read it before it gets moderated to oblivion :cool:

squirellplaying
11-25-2004, 12:16 AM
Uh huh. Humorous, not the funniest.

WA
11-25-2004, 12:19 AM
I'll keep this thread open for a few days or until someone complains. :)

raf
11-25-2004, 12:28 AM
Uh huh. Humorous, not the funniest.
I agree.

The funiest i know (goes way back, when computers were a thing you only found on the executives desk (in a box)) was a guy asking if the newly bought computer was a "hardware" or a "software".

ghell
11-25-2004, 08:35 AM
.. ok maby a bit of an overstatement.. maby you just had to be there when he found out :rolleyes:
i once amazed someone with a calculator.. they were testing it with all sorts of complicated equations like 3+8

jbot
12-02-2004, 03:38 PM
my m8 just bought a domain name and paid for a server for 2 years WITHOUT CHECKING WHAT SORTA SERVER IT WAS

he now has a server that probably only supports html and he needs to use a server side language to link it to a database to make it the minimum a level standard

so you saying that he's unable to upgrade for a little extra. doubt it. doesn't really sound like a problem to me. he can get the basics done, then upgrade when he has to.

scroots
12-02-2004, 06:33 PM
if he's doing it in php you can do it locally, using PHPdev, the greatest piece of software on the planet.

scroots

jbot
12-02-2004, 07:19 PM
if he's doing it in php you can do it locally, using PHPdev, the greatest piece of software on the planet.

the greatest, you say...intriguing!

*off to check it out*

raf
12-03-2004, 07:56 AM
<poke firepages>PHPdev isn't exactly using the most recent versions of the included soft ...</poke>

there are a lott of other bundless that are more up te date and at least as good (<-- userfriendly and almost dummyprove)

ghell
12-03-2004, 03:30 PM
nope, no upgrades to the server.. its html only.. teehee..what a waste of money

so you saying that he's unable to upgrade for a little extra. doubt it. doesn't really sound like a problem to me. he can get the basics done, then upgrade when he has to. you being right.. doubt it.. cos ur not.. in this case :p

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum