View Full Version : C++ ?

k10k
11-21-2004, 07:07 PM
I have just ordered a book on c++. I only know PHP, is this a good language to start with? :confused:

eak
11-21-2004, 07:15 PM
i like c++ and php. they have the similar syntax.
i'm not sure if c++ is a beginer language but its not hard to learn. i am currently learning cobol and it is far easier than c++. Since i already know c++, cobol seems simple and not as sophisticated.

there are many languages to chose from, it just depends on your skill level and the amount of time you want to put into it.

KeZZeR
11-21-2004, 07:44 PM
i like c++ and php. they have the similar syntax.
i'm not sure if c++ is a beginer language but its not hard to learn. i am currently learning cobol and it is far easier than c++. Since i already know c++, cobol seems simple and not as sophisticated.

there are many languages to chose from, it just depends on your skill level and the amount of time you want to put into it.

C++ and PHP have similar syntax? Not in my opinion.

k10k
11-21-2004, 07:59 PM
I don't mind spending a lot of time and I am a mathematician as well.

whackaxe
11-21-2004, 09:47 PM
C++ is a great language to learn. PHP, if you didn't know, is written in C, C++ predecessor and you shouldn't have to much trouble learning it, one thing that did screw me over though was how include files are used differntly. their syntaxs are very much the same (i'd like to hear some arguments KeZZeR). alot of programs, especially games are written in C++ now days.

Dunna
11-30-2004, 06:56 PM
C++ is a great language to put on a resume'. I have found that it is much more difficult than other languages as I learned C++ first. It will probably take you a little while to master but is well worth it. It is also a requirement to learn game programming, which is a feild that I am currently enrolled in. I used the book "Learn C++ in 24 Hours", Liberty and still use it as a reference for many things. It is an excellent book for beginners in C++.

kuala_ginting
12-01-2004, 05:14 AM
Hai..
I started to learn c++ sometime ago. I always coding with simple program with Visual C++. I used book C++ How to program 4th edition by detiel. It is graet for beginner. But I am still very confused how to use c++ to make real application with useful for business and other. When I try to make exe...with vc++ it doesn't work. Can anybody help me to use VC++ to make application I mean how to compile it to become indpendent application?Should i copy some dll or any other step? Can I be given good references to learns this metter.

Thanks A lot :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Andreas Ginting

Brandoe85
12-01-2004, 05:30 AM
Hai..
I started to learn c++ sometime ago. I always coding with simple program with Visual C++. I used book C++ How to program 4th edition by detiel. It is graet for beginner. But I am still very confused how to use c++ to make real application with useful for business and other. When I try to make exe...with vc++ it doesn't work. Can anybody help me to use VC++ to make application I mean how to compile it to become indpendent application?Should i copy some dll or any other step? Can I be given good references to learns this metter.

Thanks A lot :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Andreas Ginting
Post your own thread :)

kuala_ginting
12-02-2004, 11:46 AM
thank you dunna for your advice

Regards

Kuala Ginting

Horus Kol
12-02-2004, 02:35 PM
there's a couple of myth-conceptions here....

C/C++ is not "the foundation for a lot of languages" - it is part of a greater family of languages which has evolved and branched for almost 40 years.

PHP is a similar syntax to C - but it is not C... some behaviour and syntax differs between the two - especially the object model.

C/C++ is a good starting language - to learn C you need to learn a good bit of why your computer is the way it is... which helps you to learn proficient and efficient coding techniques.

mewhocorrupts
12-05-2004, 05:36 AM
C++ is a beautiful language. I fully endorse the language, and loved learning it. It's one of the few languages that has continued to be ported to each new situation, where normally there would be a new language developed. Even with web development, libraries have been created to enable server side web development.

All in all, an excellent language to know.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum