View Full Version : steam anyone?

allida77
11-19-2004, 05:56 AM
So had anyone used steam to get hl2? Do you think that this is an acceptable way to get games in the future? For me I think it is great and have had no problems. I will have a problem though if I had to download a client for every game I want to buy.

P.S. hl2 is the best fps ever. :D

Badman3k
11-19-2004, 12:41 PM
I haven't used steam to get HL2, I went out and bought it. However I have tried to use Steam to update the original HL and Counter-Strike, but every time i try and use the system it doesn't work, so I've given up trying to use it.

Therefore in my opinion, this is not the way forward as yet, as it requires downloading time and the software isn't reliable (in my experience). I still prefer the 'old' methods of going into a shop and buying it there, or using amazon to get it delivered to me.

However I do agree with your P.S., it is the best fps game and the graphics are amazing! lol

Basscyst
11-20-2004, 06:36 PM
well, I tried this steam thing, and waited for the pot to whistle, it made a whole lot of steam, but half life never appeared. Did I do something wrong? :confused: :p

Red Faction is the best FPS ever, but I have not played HL2 yet. So maybe my fave can get bumped down a notch, it's only taken 4 years. :eek:

Basscyst

allida77
11-22-2004, 06:17 AM
Did you ever figure it out? Once you have steam up go to Browse Games.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum