View Full Version : After Making Drop Down Choices, User is sent to appropriate Link

Solace
11-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Hello all, I have searched the site but havenít seen a topic exactly like this one(although Iím sure I just missed it)

I am developing a product selection page where a user will pick what they want and be sent to the appropriate shopping cart page. The client wants it done with drop downs in the following way

DropDown1- Select Product(3 choices)
Dropdown2 - Select Color (7 choices)
DropDown3-Size (5 choices)
Dropdown4 - Add accessory or not (yes or no)

Then depending on their choices they will be sent to the appropriate page. Additionally, 2 0f the 7 color choices do not have the accessory option so I need dropdown 4 to automatically change to no if a user selects one of these colors.

Is this possible, or is there a better way to do this? Thanks much for any help.

Mhtml
11-11-2004, 01:05 AM
This is a javascript question. So I'll move it to the appropriate forum.

Basically you are going to need a function that will test what is selected accross all of then selection boxes and then go to the right url.

Not a hard thing to accomplish. Probably best to use nested switches I guess. But I'll leave it to the js people to decide what is really the best option (no punn intended) for you.

Solace
11-11-2004, 01:36 AM
Thanks for moving this to the right board mhtml.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Solace
11-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Bump. I could really use some help with this. Appreciate it.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum