View Full Version : Accessing the value of a document.write()

TxKatt
11-02-2004, 10:34 PM
I'm hoping one of you can help me with passing the document.write value ... it will be hard to explain without giving you links which I don't want to post here, but will share through PM... here's the basic idea :

I have a shopping cart which uses PayPal. On the same page as the shopping cart buttons, I have a value which has been passed from the url to a form field on the page with document.write - I need to send that value to PayPal to show up on the payment information that I receive from PayPal. If you're familiar with PayPal that would be great, but if not I think I can send it to the comments field.

I am currently depending on the customer to type the value into the PayPal comments field, and they often overlook it which is causing me big headaches.

Also, please note that I am very much a beginner with javascript programming, but am an eager learner!

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Willy Duitt
11-03-2004, 10:08 AM
Please note that Joh6nn has responded to this question here (http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?p=247061#post247061)....

TxKatt
11-03-2004, 05:33 PM
Thanks... I sent him a link to look at the code.... :thumbsup:

TxKatt
11-03-2004, 07:43 PM
HEY! I got it! I was trying to use PayPal's comments field, but when I switched gears and used their Item Options field it worked great!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum