View Full Version : Review this site

11-02-2004, 03:09 AM
hi guys! i'll be re-designing a site, can u give me some tips and suggestions. Thanks in advance. Here is the site: www.kenokozie.com

11-27-2004, 04:46 PM
Hi PCX, welcome to the forum, it's probably one of the best places to learn, and develop a thick skin at the same time :)

I like the design, it's kind of sleek, but warm. Not sure about the images; they look kind of 'stock' and generic.

The home link should appear first in your line of links, that's where most people would expect to see it.

What concerns me most, is that the html looks very, very dated.

11-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Also, on the contact us page; I presume the little aserisks mean 'required'.

Not a good idea, potential clients may feel uneasy about disclosing all their details initially. Maybe just make the email field mandatory?

11-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Sorry: hints and tips - Just recode it to modern standards, lose the graphic text links and make em html/css

It looks kinda small and isolated too, like an online advert, maybe think about incorporating a relevant newsfeed or something, or a blog maybe.

The hompage too, it contains nothing that is remotely readable to search engines, apart from the <title> maybe 'services should be the index page instead?

11-27-2004, 05:21 PM
I think part of the reason it looks so small is because it's so dark. Can you lighten up that black background? Make it a tiny bit wider and bring it up on the page just a bit. It's *looking* like it wants to be centered vertically but failed.

And I agree with that last post about updating the code, making the links text. I like the different color for each section of the site. Can you bring that out a bit more in the redesign?

On the home page, those lines are a bit too much. Bring down the opacity on those or move them. Everything looks a bit stiff right now. I like the secondary pages, though. That design is a bit more friendly.

11-27-2004, 06:40 PM
By 'small' I meant 'small in scope', rather than visually small :)

11-27-2004, 10:44 PM
Ah. I see.

I mean visually small. I feel rather confined when I look at it, like I'm trapped in a tiny box of white in a big black field.

12-01-2004, 06:02 AM
Everything looks good, however my only issue is that your content text goes right the end of the border. I'd suggest to add a lil spacing to let the text "breath" so to speak. Also, 1 more lil thing, perhaps a roll-over state for your "sub-navigation" on your services page ? Would make it a little more easier to navigate. Other than that, everything looks spiffy :)

12-07-2004, 11:27 PM
i think the layout needs more work its a bit small and the black around the layouts a bit in ure face because the layouts not tht good :thumbsup: