View Full Version : Visual Basic compiler needed

mex
10-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Where can i get the Visual Basic compiler!!! Can u please let me know a good one.. i searched a found a countless no. of them!.... can u please recommend me with the URL!!! thanx

KeZZeR
10-27-2004, 03:21 PM
The use of exclamation marks wouldn't encourage people to help you, it'd only make you seem more desperate ;)

You can buy it from somewhere like amazon or dabs i'd imagine.

sage45
10-27-2004, 03:39 PM
What a simple process it is to go to the top and click on Search.

Use the words: "free" and "compiler" and you too will get the same results I did. :p

But to simplify this for you here is a link to one of the threads I found and unfortunately other than a command line utility there are no free compilers for VB. :(

http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=43877&highlight=free+compiler

-sage-

Bry Man
10-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Or you could have look no more than 8 threads down and seen my thread about Microsofts Free Beta of Visual basic 2005 which can be found here

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/vbasic/default.aspx

mex
10-28-2004, 01:17 PM
oh well... thanx for the reply but i dont seem to get the URL to download Visual Basic 6. Can u please search for me... i have looked everywhere but got only the SERVICE PACK.

KeZZeR
10-28-2004, 01:29 PM
Go to the page that bryman posted, click download and enter your .NET passport.

Roy Sinclair
10-28-2004, 04:40 PM
oh well... thanx for the reply but i dont seem to get the URL to download Visual Basic 6. Can u please search for me... i have looked everywhere but got only the SERVICE PACK.

You can't find a place to download VB6 because VB6 isn't free, MS has provided a free download of a beta version for a product that's three generations later than VB6 but there is no legal download point for VB6 specifically. If you must have VB6 then you must purchase it explictly or get someone who has a validly purchased copy to give it to you.

Bry Man
10-28-2004, 04:49 PM
The only thing about that link that I gave you is is that if whoever is recieveing the program you made with it, it will not work unless they have the latest version of the .net framework which I found kinda lame but its a very nice program

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum