View Full Version : Any bright ideas for an example program?

KeZZeR
10-24-2004, 11:11 AM
Well for Computer Science I have to write a program in java.

The problem is, i don't know what to write! I'm only in the first year so fortunately it only has to be simple, but i can't think of what to write! I need something which would impress my personal tutor.

I'm stuck for ideas, anyone?

JPM
10-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Well, maybe you could write a program related to something you do. Like if you play soccer make some program to keep track of all the teams, points matches etc... if you like to play cards make some simple card game.

KeZZeR
10-24-2004, 09:05 PM
You're a genius! Perfecto! Thanks very much :thumbsup:

*kez goes and uses bright ideas* :D

Spookster
10-25-2004, 12:13 AM
It might help to know what the requirements are for the project. Normally professors will say choose your own program but it must demonstrate certain features such as use of classes, database connectivity, input from user, etc.

raf
10-25-2004, 09:54 AM
it's also bad form for a (wannabe) coder to say you're stuck on ideas :D

Real coders go like "Man, i got so much work i can't even choose what i'm gonna do next. And then i still have dozens of projects and concepts 'on hold'. But what are you working on right now?" and then you just need to be good enough to finish it before he does :D .

KeZZeR
10-25-2004, 11:12 AM
it's also bad form for a (wannabe) coder to say you're stuck on ideas :D

Real coders go like "Man, i got so much work i can't even choose what i'm gonna do next. And then i still have dozens of projects and concepts 'on hold'. But what are you working on right now?" and then you just need to be good enough to finish it before he does :D .

All very true lol.

Well the program has to be all in one .java file unfortunately. I'll be constructing an instance though to do the method calls. I'll see how it goes :)

KeZZeR
10-26-2004, 08:25 AM
Well i've been trying to write a program which calculates the factorial of (the largest data type wouldn't be able to handle anything larger than 60 imo) a number without using any pre-defined mathematical methods in the standard java libraries. It's quite a tricky task for someone like moi ;)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum