View Full Version : Seating chart / workstation location

X-MC
10-22-2004, 06:11 PM
Anyone know any good tutorials on how to create a seating chart or maps where you can assign points to? Wanting to make a map using the floor plan of a building where it shows the location of each workstation and you can change where each workstation is assigned.

mcdougals4all
10-22-2004, 10:29 PM
It would occur to me to use the image of the floor plan positioned with CSS. Then your map points, maybe icon images or spans of text, could be laid over the top, using z-index.

I'm not sure where this intersects with your php, but it sounds something like associating a workstation with its location id, then placing the map point at the location id's x,y coordinates again with css.

fine
11-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Here is list of PHP graphic software. (http://www.kidslovepc.com/php-tutorial/php-graphic-software.php)
Highly recommend jpgraph and phplot.

Element
11-27-2005, 11:40 PM
I've seen something like this done, it was done with a table, using the background image (Being the map) then it was set up using php to dynamically place TD tags how you want them. This probably requires some amount of work, I'm not sure, never saw the code. All I know is the script was dynamically placing the TDs correcting to show icons/text/other scripts, and such on the map.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum