View Full Version : Browser scrollbar transparency - is it possible?

08-22-2002, 03:04 PM
Ok, here's probably a tacky/crude design question... Is there a way to make the browser's scrollbar track element transparent such that the webpage's background IMAGE displays all the way to the right side of the browser, excluding of course the scrollbar face & shadow elements? I'm not talking about "faking" transparency with the background COLOR set the same as the scroll bar track color.... but rather, the background is set as an IMAGE that needs to be rendered all the way to the right.

PS: brothercake, thanks to your incredibly prompt reply to my prior message, this newbie to CodingForums is mightily IMPRESSED!!!

08-22-2002, 03:14 PM
u can use CSS to turn all the scrollbar attributes to the same colour - make them a single block, but i don;t think you can make them transparent. I just tried to no avail.

If you wanted to be rid of them though, place your page inside a frame (or iframe of the same width as the screen) and use a dhtml scroller, you could then manipulate that using bordered transparent images to perform what you are looking for.

hope this helps