View Full Version : Looks good in everything but...

finstah1
10-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Hi all,

Been looking at this for too long and I'm hoping a fresh set of eyes can help me out.

I'm putting together a site and am having problems with a couple of things. Link is here http://www.atseadesign.com/work/iron/1007a.htm

It looks good in IE, NN7 and Mozilla but there is an issue with Firefox on my bodyblock and cont div's. Anyone see anything?

The other thing is the left margin for the body text. I've tried everything but I can't get it off the left 'wall' Any suggestions?

I've posted the styles in this page for easier viewing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
finstah

chilipie
10-07-2004, 08:12 PM
You need:

padding-left: n%;

gohankid77
10-07-2004, 08:52 PM
They all look EXACTLY the same (except for IE, but it isn't very noticeable). FF0.93, Moz1.8a4, and NN7.2 all look the same.

(off-topic): Hmm... Let's try NN4. LOL Just kidding.

finstah1
10-07-2004, 08:58 PM
cool, I'll try the padding-left deal. Actually if you look at it in Firefox, right underneath the navbar at the top, the body section is moved down a little on my FF 0.93 version. You can see the page background. On the others it lines up okay.

????

gohankid77
10-07-2004, 09:02 PM
I see the page background in Netscape, Mozilla, and Firefox. What is your resolution?

gsnedders
10-07-2004, 09:12 PM
(off-topic): Hmm... Let's try NN4. LOL Just kidding.

I've got Lynx here... better?

On-topic: Resolution shouldn't matter...

gohankid77
10-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I checked it out. Resolution makes no difference. I wonder what it is? Hmm....

(off-topic): Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

finstah1
10-07-2004, 09:25 PM
check these screen shots

gsnedders
10-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Off-topic: The chicken came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg which came from the chicken which came from the egg.

Get my point?

gsnedders
10-07-2004, 09:27 PM
check these screen shots

#outer {margin-top: 0px;}

gohankid77
10-07-2004, 09:30 PM
Yep. The Firefox screen matches my NN7.2, Moz1.8a4, and FF0.93. This is why I hate IE. :o

/* Edit */
Doh! Why didn't I see that? Oh wait a minute, I was too busy hatching an egg!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum