View Full Version : Appointment scheduler

kargrafx
10-07-2004, 10:25 AM
I have been shopping around for a decent calendar / appointment scheduler for a few projects I am toying with, but nothing seems to fit what I am looking for. Most of it is too powerful / involved, and I want something very simple. A couple of close scripts are;

http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php
and
http://www.schedule-organizer.de/en/

Basically, what I am wanting to set up is a page with no log-in needed, that by default shows a week at a time, with business hours (8am - 8pm), with color coding for 'booked' 'requested' and 'free'.

Then, a form which allows anyone to submit a request to book a certain time frame, giving their name, the event they wish to book, the start time and the duration (30 minute increments).

When they submit the request, the time will change to 'requested' color, if it is not already set as such. Then the administrator can change requested slots to 'booked' slots when a request is approved.

I would also like a daily and month view available as well as weekly.

I am thinking this is probably something that would be simple to implement, but I do not personally know how - so I turn to you; the experts!

sir pannels
10-07-2004, 03:30 PM
*in dark*

Would you like code example? thoery explanation or links form us ? :p

kargrafx
10-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the reply, maybe that light there will help ;) lol. As to what I want, any of the three would be fine - I would rather not pay, so if links are posted I would prefer freeware code.

I guess I do have a preference, and that would be a bit of a and b - code with the basic theory of how/why it works as it does so I won't be as uneducated in the future.

However, I don't want to be 'greedy' so anything would be great - I can do my best attempt at reverse engineering any code I get from here or posted links and try to educate myself - or it is possible I could use theory posted here and build a hacked up version of a working code, lol . . . though this last would be in a bit of doubt I think.

Thanks!

kargrafx
10-12-2004, 10:41 PM
No suggestions or advice?

sir pannels
10-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Hey,

Can't stop and explain indepth this morning however take a look over at hotscripts.com - they have loads of scripts of that sort.

Furthermore I'm in the process of writing a php tutorial on creating your own calender scripts. Stick around ;)

P

WebPlaya
10-13-2004, 09:20 PM
I tried to download the calendar from the first link but it does not work!!!

WebPlaya
10-13-2004, 10:11 PM
alright.. got it to work.. never mind.. :)

sir pannels
10-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Ok good job :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum