View Full Version : IE Users without Win XP Left Out In The Cold

oracleguy
09-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Well, it seems more Microsoft bashing is in order.

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+to+secure+IE+for+XP+only/2100-1032_3-5378366.html?part=rss&tag=5378366&subj=news.1032.20

I can understand dropping updates for versions of Windows prior to Win2k but not Win2k itself. It is only one version behind and still widely in use. IMO, it is just M$ wanting to make some extra bling-bling while they have to wait at least another 2 years for a new OS but it isn't like if they don't get some extra money they'll be out on the street.

Now I can understand not adding things like the pop-up blocker to IE in previous Windows versions since that'd be a new feature but they should still provide the fixes for the ActiveX API since that already exists and has more holes than swiss cheese.

scroots
09-26-2004, 08:25 PM
that is disgraceful, but it could open the door for other web browsers to enter, as not everyone will want to upgrade and pay more money to the evil scum that deserts its customer loyalty.

Someone will get them oneday.

scroots

whackaxe
09-26-2004, 09:27 PM
thats 200 milion potential Firefox users :D people use IE because they don't know better, but now that their browser will become increasingly worse and theyll have the option of either forking out 100$ or dling a free browser. yay

mindlessLemming
09-27-2004, 12:52 AM
Another stupid move by MS...
This is just about the dumbest thing they could do in the face of all the rumors of a Gecko based browser by Google. (search GBrowser if you want details)

We're all enjoying watching them suffer though. :o

codegoboom
09-27-2004, 01:52 AM
I don't find it appalling that adapting the locked-down-IE to older OS versions is apparently not worth it, or impossible. So be it; if the browser is so awful, anyway, what's the loss? As it stands, nothing is forced; if someone wants a free alternative, they've got choices. :cool:

Alex Vincent
09-27-2004, 01:57 AM
"Microsoft has declared security job No. 1."

Yeah. And they aren't giving out any freebies on that. You get what you pay for...

Oops.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum