View Full Version : PHP that helps image load faster... ?

Battosai
09-24-2004, 04:19 AM
I put thumbnails in my Gallery, but they loaded so slow. I had tried a lot of Java scripts for Gallery Slideshow, but the problem is that Javascripts didn't work when there are over 10 images. I think I should try PHP this time. Can someone show me how to make thumbnails load faster with PHP ?

jamescover
09-24-2004, 04:24 AM
I put thumbnails in my Gallery, but they loaded so slow.

Are they true thumbnails, or are you just changing the width/height attribute values within the image tag, in which case, the file size would remain the same, regardless of the dimensions?

Images have to download the the browser cache, and neither php or js are going to speed up this process. It will depend more on connection speed, server response, etc. than anything else.

-james

dniwebdesign
09-24-2004, 04:51 AM
A way would be to create true thumbnails, such as they are different from the origional files. There is a free program that you can download that will do this for you, I use it and it works great. If you have lots of files you may want to use a PHP Gallery to make it easier to put them to your site. I have included a link to the Thumbnail Making Program.

http://www.fookes.net/ftp/free/EzThmb_Setup.exe

Battosai
09-27-2004, 08:52 PM
I changed images to thumbnails and that really helps! Thanks!!!!!!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum