View Full Version : Stopping a layer from resizing

lollie
08-20-2002, 06:19 PM
Hi all,

I have four vertical layers that are side by side. I've set the width for each for what I need (it's a newsletter). But when I type in the layer, it expands horizontally instead of wrapping the text.

I tried to change the overflow to auto, scroll and visible, but that didn't work. I also tried to convert the layers to tables (I'm in DreamWeaver), but I had the same problems with the table cells after the conversion.

Here is the text with the four layers. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" class="specialNote">
<div id="Layer1" style="position:absolute; width:87px; height:485px; z-index:1; left: 13px; top: 136px; background-color: #FFFFFF; layer-background-color: #FFFFFF; border: 1px none #000000; overflow: auto; visibility: visible"><!-- #BeginEditable "left" -->{left}<!-- #EndEditable --></div>

<div id="Layer2" style="position:absolute; width:267px; height:486px; z-index:2; left: 110px; top: 136px; visibility: visible; background-color: #FFFFFF; layer-background-color: #FFFFFF; border: 1px none #000000; overflow: auto"><!-- #BeginEditable "center" -->{center}<!-- #EndEditable --></div>

<div id="Layer3" style="position:absolute; width:87px; height:488px; z-index:3; left: 384px; top: 136px; background-color: #FFFFFF; layer-background-color: #FFFFFF; border: 1px none #000000; overflow: auto; visibility: visible"><!-- #BeginEditable "rcenter" -->{rcenter}<!-- #EndEditable --></div>

<div id="Layer4" style="position:absolute; width:87px; height:487px; z-index:4; left: 480px; top: 136px; background-color: #FFFFFF; layer-background-color: #FFFFFF; border: 1px none #000000; overflow: scroll; visibility: visible"><!-- #BeginEditable "right" -->{right
}<!-- #EndEditable --></div>
</body>

beetle
08-20-2002, 06:37 PM
Uh, works fine for me. Looks correct too. What browser are you using?

Do you have a sample page online I can look at?

lollie
08-20-2002, 07:25 PM
My browser is explorer4+. I don't have anything out on the web yet.

Is there a command that stops layers from automatically resizing? I went back and tried it again, but my layers are still resizing for the text. I want the width that I set to remain and the text to wrap instead of expand the layer.

Thanks

martin_narg
08-22-2002, 02:02 PM
just set the width of the layer, not the height and it will wrap the text ;)

<div id="myDiv" style="position:absolute; left:100; top:100; width:400"></div>

m_n

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum