View Full Version : Your opinion

olivier78
08-20-2002, 06:21 AM
Hi all,

I would like to gather your opinion on my first site. I have been using frames for it, and I have to say that I agree with lots of you, avoid frames....

Anyway, this is my first site, and I would appreciate your opinion. I would also like to thanks all of you at CodingForums, your help has been very much appreciated, and without it, much of this site would not be up!

I cannot name everyone, but the last one to help was x_goose_x, thanks!

T'ill my next site (table only this time!) Take care!;)

Site is http://www.elantra.com.au (best resolution 800x600, ie 5.0+)

SpongeBobby
08-20-2002, 08:43 AM
I like the site...btw it looked just fine and my reso is 1024x768...
One thing i have always liked, was the 'annoying' blink..didn't hink IE could, and i see it can't ;-) but i see how it did. Really nice site..especially for your first one. You can either you put a lot of time into that, or just knew it all and whiped through it...

GOOD SITE!!

olivier78
08-20-2002, 12:25 PM
Well, it took me quite a while.... 5 months....

Thanks for your opinion, it's very much appreciated.

Olivier :thumbsup:

webmarkart
08-20-2002, 04:03 PM
impressive! nobody will admit to liking frames but they work very well in your design! Nice site.

brothercake
08-20-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by webmarkart
nobody will admit to liking frames

It's not really a case of admission. Frames create a non-addressable state in the browser, which is a fundamental flaw in how the FRAME element was designed in the first place. Some are concerned about this ... some aren't.

webmarkart
08-20-2002, 04:52 PM
This is a good example of the use of frames. Just because someone uses frames doesnít mean they are ignoring the "fundamentals". I will readily admit that too many people use frames inappropriately, but there are times when they can be used effectively.

Catman
08-20-2002, 07:20 PM
A good-looking site with an appropriate use of frames.

redhead
08-20-2002, 08:41 PM
very nice for a first website... you should have seen my first one... :eek:

ASAAKI
08-20-2002, 08:45 PM
whoa! i'd say it's pretty good anyway, first site or last site. definitely impressive. :thumbsup:

olivier78
08-21-2002, 12:37 AM
Well, it looks like I have been doing better that I thought... The site is not perfect, and many things that I wanted to include did not work, mkaybe because of my frame based site or maybe because of my skills!

Thanks for your opinion, I master frame pretty ok now, but I am useless with tables at the moment! I have to learn about them!

Thanks to all for your comments...

Olivier :thumbsup:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum