View Full Version : Footer not printing in word document

martin_narg
09-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Greets all, I know at first glance this may not seem like an asp-related problem but please keep reading!

I have a an asp script that creates an html document on the fly then forces out a download box using the stream object to download the file as a word document (ie creating a word document on the fly). This all works fine - the document is downloaded and can be opened. Everything about the document is as it should be - formatting, images, footer - except that when it comes to print the document, the footer is not included (although it is shown in the document and the print preview).

Essentially what I am doing with the document is creating an html document and forcing it to download as a .doc. I use the microsoft mso-* styling (which works fine) and also Microsoft Office/Word specific XML. The footer is actually included as a seperate html file (via an XML document - as recomended by MS). As I mentioned, all this works great in displaying the file - but it does not print with the rest of the document. All the images that are displayed are all grabbed remotely and print fine - I'm confused as to why the same does not happen with the footer document which is being grabbed from a similar location but not being printed.

I've even tried using MS Office XML to force the footer to print (<w:PrintBodyTextBeforeHeader/>) but to no avail.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and how they resolved it.

Many thanks in advance for your time and responses.

Mart

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum