View Full Version : form help using asp

needhelp26
09-09-2004, 04:23 AM
I have a form with few fields and I have three empty text boxes and a search link. I am searching for employees details. The search link page will take me to the search page with one drop down such as EmpId. When I select the EmpId and search the database, I will get results pertaining to the EmpId in the result page. I have three numbered checkboxes to each EmpID row and If I select (1)checkbox, it should to take back to the form text1 field. how do I do?
For example:
Search result page:
<%
Response.write "<table>"
Response.write "<tr>"
Response.write"<td>"<input type = checkbox name=empvalue1><input type=checkbox name=empvalue2><input type=checkbox name=empvalue3>"</td>"
Response.write"<td>"
Response.write"(empname)"
Response.write"</td>"
Response.write"<td>"
Response.write"(empaddress)"
Response.write"</td>"
Response.write"<td>"
Response.write"(emptitle)"
Response.write"</td>"
Response.write"</tr>"
Response.write"</table>"

empvalue1 = "empname" + "empaddress" + "emptitle"
empvalue2 = "empname" + "empaddress" + "emptitle"
empvalue3 = "empname" + "empaddress" + "emptitle"

%>

In the form page, I am doing a request.form to each empvalues and adding the response.write(empvalue1)(empvalue2)(empvalue3) to their respestive textboxes. My problem is i am not able to get the correct values to the textboxes and next problem is the form focus, it is opens a new form instead of the one I was working earlier. Please someone help. I am not sure whether i am doing it right.

I need to get the values of empname, empaddress and emptitle. I need all these three fields into one text box in the form page.

Secondly, when I checkmark the checkboxes and click submit, it is opening a fresh form page instead of the original form page where I was entering some information. how to give focus on the same form?

If there is any way to get this working, please help. thanks.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum