View Full Version : triple combobox: going back

swallow
08-19-2002, 03:10 PM
I like the triple combobox script by Hamid Cheheltani and it suites my purpose fine. I have sussed out how to adapt to my needs as well.
There is a minor hiccup and this can be seen if one uses the script: http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/triplecombo.shtml

Now I went through the entire process of selection and got to the desired destination page. However, on going back through the browser "back" button, the page is inconsistent in the way it reloads. I sometimes get back with the first box already selected to my original selection. Then I cannot perform any new selections on the second (or third) for the same first choice unless I choose a different first box then reselect the original choice for box 1.

Can anyone help or have I confused everyone?

Thanks.

requestcode
08-19-2002, 04:20 PM
You could try using the onLoad event in the body tag to perform a script that would reset the form when the page loads. Something like this:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
function resetform()
{
document.form_name.reset()
}
</SCRIPT>

<body onLoad="resetform()">

beetle
08-19-2002, 06:48 PM
Slighty off topic, but why do people keep calling SELECT objects 'combo boxes'? Which they are not!

Oh, and requestcode's code should do you just fine.

jkd
08-19-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by beetle
Slighty off topic, but why do people keep calling SELECT objects 'combo boxes'? Which they are not!

Because not everyone has a background in MFC or Visual Basic. ;)

beetle
08-19-2002, 07:03 PM
Well, to be honest, I don't either. In the three short years of my web experience, only when I registered at these forums (< 1 month ago) did I first hear SELECT objects termed 'combo boxes'. I just don't understand where it's coming from..... :confused:

swallow
08-20-2002, 11:36 AM
Thanks Guys.

swallow
08-21-2002, 11:57 PM
The triple combobox (sorry beetle select object) is serving its function only its' interfering with my js scroller.

http://www.dingliswallows.com/archives.php

Has anyone a clue?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum