View Full Version : Javascript loading in mac pc

LVPRADEEP
08-31-2004, 03:47 PM
I am using mac with IE5.2. Any change in my javascript code is not getting reflected in the browser, thought i had cleared the IE cash. Please let me know a solution for this problem

Pradeep

fci
08-31-2004, 03:56 PM
I am using mac with IE5.2. Any change in my javascript code is not getting reflected in the browser, thought i had cleared the IE cash. Please let me know a solution for this problem

Pradeep

maybe the Javascript has errors? Post the Javascript so we can debug for you.
And, it's spelt "cache" not "cash."

Willy Duitt
08-31-2004, 04:05 PM
If you are using an external script try adding a querry and a number to the uri to fool the browser into thinking it is a new page... (the same if the script is on the page)....

EG:
<script source="myJS.js?2" ....
Or, in the addressbar: http://myPage.html?2

And increment the number each time you make a change....

.....Willy

Edit: BTW, an additional benifit of using this method is that it allows you to quickly return/retrieve a previously cached change.... such as if you have made six changes and incremented the number for each change.... you can call up the previously cached second change by using it's index number behind the querry....

brothercake
08-31-2004, 06:29 PM
To clear Mac/IE's cache - close all open windows, then go to preferences and clear the cache, then quit and restart explorer. Then you should be good :)

mikemalter
08-31-2004, 08:37 PM
We had a lot of problems with 5.2 on the mac. It never wanted to clear its cache.

LVPRADEEP
09-01-2004, 07:35 AM
I changed the javascript file name and mentioned that name while calling. It worked. but for every change i need to do this...Is there any alternative?..cache clearing in the prefernces and quiting the explorrer does not work

Willy Duitt
09-01-2004, 10:36 AM
You do not need to change the file name...
The trick is while making changes to just add the querry and a number to the source call....

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum