View Full Version : Review my site please?

08-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Could someone please review my site, http://www.toxicsims.co.uk/

Thank you,

08-30-2004, 06:31 PM
I recommend noone visit your site, unless they have a popup blocker. I don't use them myself, and I closed the browser after the 4th popup/under.

08-30-2004, 06:35 PM
i know,im getting a new host soon anyway...

08-30-2004, 06:45 PM
i know,im getting a new host soon anyway...

Sorry. I was going to lend a hand, but that's just too many popups.

Best host on the Net, in my opinion. I've been with them over 2 years (I have no affiliation with them, other than using their services):

08-31-2004, 01:23 PM
sorry, was going to answer yesterday and had to go :p

right, i can safley see your site (w00t for firefox :D)

-tabular layout, bad. you should at elast give them paddingand margins, they look too cramped up
-the navigation should start at the same height as the content, the banner ad looks too integrated
-plain green for text color is a bit of an eye sore, as is the logo font (whihc has a big white box in front of it?)
-your google box at the bottom is pretty useless
-your award image doesnt look very award like.

08-31-2004, 01:29 PM
I didnt make the award, and the white box is an object for the game the site is for, thanx anyway...

08-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Could someone please review my site, http://www.toxicsims.co.uk/

also have firefox so it was safe to open the page. (thanks for the warning about the popups, james, so that I didn't make the mistake of opening the page in IE)

hover link colour very dark against the black.

blank space below search box (area between "shout box" and "want your ad here") is decidedly blank. If nothing is going to go in there, maybe you could extend the shout box to cover that space.

coding errors are legion.
Go to
to have them outlined. Check the frameset page AND the actual framed page. (why use frames at all?)

08-31-2004, 03:18 PM
i believe the frames are because the actual page doesnt reside on that URL, it's just a redircetion service. Hopefully that'll be fixed when the host changes.

08-31-2004, 03:24 PM
does dreamweaver check and correct these errors?