View Full Version : Allow amendments to search form

kate perry
08-27-2004, 05:26 PM
I have set up a search form on our homepage which allows users to search for properties to rent.
They enter details like postcode, rent amount, number of beds etc. on the search form, hit submit and matching records from an access database are displayed on a new results page.
I want to be to make it easy for the user to review the search criteria and amend it.
Can I get the search criteria to display in another form on the results page or do I just expect the user to hit back to get back to the original completed form. If the Back button is the best method can I add a button/link on the results page to perform the same function as the back button on the toolbar.
I am using Dreamweaver with ASP & VBScript.

Morgoth
08-27-2004, 09:14 PM
You can have a button that uses this:

<a href="javascript:history.back(1)">Back</a>

But I suggest to never go back, always go forward.

So keep track of the search questions, in a cookie or session, or anyway you see fit.

And have a button that points to a new form that can take the session variables and allow the user to make changes.

Sessions:
http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_sessions.asp

glenngv
08-30-2004, 06:50 AM
You don't need to put the criteria in a session. Just request each keyword again and put it in a field and have a Search button where users can re-do the search. Just like how google does it.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum