View Full Version : [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query.

newkid
08-13-2004, 10:40 PM
I have a page that updates an access DB works fine on local host but when I copy it (and connection files) up to our server I get the following error.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query.

/block/salesleads_add.asp, line 117

The system DNS is set up the same on our server and my local PC, any ideas?

Thanks
J.C.

A1ien51
08-14-2004, 03:36 AM
http://www.xlinesoft.com/asprunner/docs/error_operation_must_use_an_updateable_query.htm

Morgoth
08-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Let's say you're using brinkster as your web host. Brinkster has a specific folder called DB to hold all your database files.
The reason for this is because the DB folder has permissions set to read and write to everyone. This is a must have if you wish to update your access database.

Talk to your webmaster or webhost admin to set up a folder with the appropriate permissions.

newkid
08-14-2004, 08:18 PM
A1ien51 Thanks :thumbsup:
I knew I was forgetting something when I copied every thing over to the server, after I opened the link u posted I just sat there going .......... DUH ........... Lol .... I even remember telling myself when I set up the database on my test PC to not forget and set R/W permisions for IUSR on the server :o . I'm going to chauk this bone-head move up to lack of sleep due to sons wedding and trying to get a weeks worth of work done in a day....

Morgoth thanks for the reply also. Both you guys were dead on, the good thing was I didn't need to contact host since we run our own servers (now lets hope our network admin doesn't get upset that I was messing with his servers). Now it's time for this kid to get some much needed sleep.

Thanks
J.C.
To learn is a good thing and today I have learned something new

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum