View Full Version : aviod junk mail
08-12-2004, 12:12 PM
- in my site when user register the activation code sent automaticlly to user email .
- the user will be inactive until he enter the activation code in the url attached.
- i am using cdosys with asp for sending email
- i change mail subject from time to time
- almost 70% of mail sent gose to junk espcially to in hotmail
- how to avoide send mail to junk, i lose 50% of my user
08-12-2004, 04:12 PM
First thing to do would be to warn the user that they may have to check their "Junk Mail" to find the response. Next make sure you're not sending HTML email since that's a clue. Make sure you've got a valid return address and double-check the spelling of all the text, mis-spelled words seem to be another major marker of spam these days.
08-12-2004, 04:36 PM
- yes i warn the user at registeration
- i have to use html format because i have url in mail body the user must click on it , which i can't do it by txtbody
- about spelling i am using arabic languge so this will be miss spelling fo r all body
- the problem espcially with hotmail
- any links talk about stratgies hotmail follow to determine spam
08-12-2004, 06:08 PM
you might check the features and properties you set,
I had the same problem, using JMail,
and the reason was I didn't setup the Recipient properly,
make sure, you send out every email individually with one recipient etc.
then it should be alright,...
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.