View Full Version : Sending a fax from a page... can it be done?

08-16-2002, 04:17 PM
I am processing some data and emailing it various places... sometimes I need to fax it though (for those who arn't up to speed with email yet) can this be done?

08-16-2002, 06:44 PM
This site touts the service, but it is not free.

ASP Custom Script v1.0 More
ASP_FAX is an Active Server Page (ASP) Custom Script that allows ASP developers to easily send faxes and alphanumeric pages from their ASP powered Web pages. The ASP_FAX Custom Script accomplishes this by taking data from ASP and passing it to ProtoFax® Server. ProtoFax server is a separate server application, that sends faxes and alphanumeric pages. ProtoFax must be installed on your network.

08-16-2002, 07:51 PM
I found that one (i think $900 is a bit high for my small company though) and another that was a few hundred less but still too much... Windows has a dll that can be used (i believe) so I'll be looking into that. I realized that doing it that way will require a modem and phone line though and this is a remote hosted dedicated server so I cant do that. But I think I can have my remote server send my local server the data and I will construct a service to exicute it in house. I also think that winfax (what we use in house for other faxes) has a dll but still waiting on a call back from them to confirm.