View Full Version : EASY Question

Leeus
06-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Sorry if this is simple but can't see anything on google! I hate to use client side scripting and know hardly anything about it but hopefully someone can help?

I have a window that is opened and need to hide it as soon as it opens, i.e. minimized. Does this need to be done on the open link to the page or can it be done on the page itself?

Thanks guys

Willy Duitt
06-22-2004, 01:56 AM
Sorry if this is simple but can't see anything on google! I hate to use client side scripting and know hardly anything about it but hopefully someone can help?

I have a window that is opened and need to hide it as soon as it opens, i.e. minimized. Does this need to be done on the open link to the page or can it be done on the page itself?

Thanks guys

Sounds devious.
Why?.....

glenngv
06-22-2004, 03:25 AM
Are you trying to minimize popup ad windows? :rolleyes:

Leeus
06-22-2004, 08:12 AM
No its not for anything nasty!

We have an intranet which is all ASP and I have a window that calls an ActiveX control that makes phone calls via TAPI. Quite cool really. At the moment I have the window size set to (1,1) but it still shows as a square. Once the call is completed I have used window.close() which works great but while the call is in progress it would be nice to hide it!

glenngv
06-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Since this is for IE only, you can position the window out of the visible screen.

window.open('thepage.htm','_blank','left=8000,top=6000,width=1,height=1');

But why not display a message such as "Call in progress...", instead of hiding the window? And then put an onbeforeunload event handler to handle the closing.

window.onbeforeunload = function(){
event.returnValue = "Closing the window will terminate your call.";
}

And then before the script closes the window once the call is finished, set onbeforeunload to null to remove it.

window.onbeforeunload=null;
window.close();

neofibril
06-22-2004, 08:44 AM
Use the InternetExplorer object (http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/webbrowser/reference/objects/internetexplorer.asp).

It is invisible by default... just make sure to close it, when finished.

Leeus
06-22-2004, 09:41 AM
This looks very VB-ish, will this work on ASP?

neofibril
06-22-2004, 12:05 PM
I forgot that it was not marked as safe for scripting in IE.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum