View Full Version : is this the best script for the job?

canadianjameson
06-21-2004, 03:17 PM
I want to use one of those new-fangled popup windows that are <div>'s... so here's what i found. i just wanted to know if any of you thought there wwould be a better script out there than this one.

if not i'll use it

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow.htm

Vladdy
06-21-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm finishing a better script: www.klproductions.com/klwindows/klwindowsmanual.html
The code is pretty much ready for beta testing - I'm working on presentation page. If interested, contact me for T&C

canadianjameson
06-21-2004, 04:15 PM
the color scheme will have to be modifiable...

also i need it to be a link opener, not an onload function... is that possible with this script?

when you say beta, do you mean that there will be bugs-a-plenty... or that its pretty much ready to go?

Vladdy
06-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Did you read the manual?
All styling is done via CSS
There is an example of automatic window creation

BETA means that the code is working without bugs on the page I linked, but I have not done any other testing, so there may be bugs as the code is put through its paces.

canadianjameson
06-21-2004, 04:49 PM
I browsed the manual.

okay, so where do i download this badboy?

also, i'm looking to be able to launch different windows off the same html page, but each window needs its own specs... can this be acheived via this script? // nevermind, got the answer

Vladdy
06-21-2004, 06:13 PM
You should be able to download the evaluation version from http://www.klproductions.com/downloadform.php
If it suits your needs, I can give your a beta-tester discount - e-mail me for details.

canadianjameson
06-21-2004, 06:25 PM
discount.... i'm paying you for this?

no offence, but while i'm sure its a good script... free > discount: for my purposes atleast.

i dont desperately need this script, it's just kinda of something-to-enhance out of bordom.

let me know if i'm paying / expected to, because if yes then sorry Vlad but i'm gonna have to use the other one.

Vladdy
06-21-2004, 06:39 PM
None taken.
If your goal is to play around with something, then my script is not for you.
When you need a fast, reliable solution that is easy to install and configure, check back. :thumbsup:

canadianjameson
06-21-2004, 07:07 PM
:)

will do.

sorry for the confusion. if you'd still like me to testrun your script and report any bugs i can do that. I wont use it for my page, as then i would be using it for gain.

on another note, whats the best way to prevent someone from viewing your source code?

oh yeah. whats the code to make a div ontop of everything else?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum