View Full Version : email in ASP.NET

whatever
08-14-2002, 07:01 PM
how do i send email to my yahoo account in ASP.NET? All the tutorials i found on the net sends the mail to their local webserver, but for email accounts like yahoo, you need password and login. How do you incorporate that into the System.Web.Mail.SmtpServer object?

Thanks

whatever
08-14-2002, 07:16 PM
Lemme clarify my question. I want to send an email FROM my yahoo account to another email address, so how do i do that with asp.net??

Thanks!!

whammy
08-15-2002, 07:19 PM
I'm really not sure what you're trying to do - yahoo already sends emails just fine, using whatever they use. What are you trying to do or circumvent? :confused:

If you just want them to reply to your yahoo account, then use that as the "Reply-To" address when you set up your message.

whatever
08-16-2002, 09:21 AM
I'm writing some code using ASP.NET and VB.NET that automates sending emails to people. For example, someone can enter their email address to my website, and my code will automatically email them something from my yahoo account. So i'm not doing this manually, but creating a code to automate it, thus i need to use the system.web.mail.smtp object. It's easy to create a mail object, but if i want the mail message to be sent as my yahoo mail account, i'd need to send my login/password information to yahoo's server in order to access my account information, thus sending a mail. So basically, I'm sending a mail using my yahoo account, but not from yahoo's website, but my own. I hope that clarifies it a little more, and not cause more confusion!

Thanks!!

whammy
08-20-2002, 04:22 AM
I'm not sure what component you're using, but with CDONTS you can set the Reply-To address as whatever you want - therefore your YAHOO account, even.

There should be no need whatsoever to send anything to Yahoo!.

:)

Check out the link I posted, it might help.

tommysphone
08-20-2002, 04:49 PM
I agree with Whammy.

Code might look like this

Set objMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.Newmail")
objMail.From = "your.emailaddresshere@domain.region"
objMail.To = request.form("fieldnamefromtheformwherethemailaddressisentered"

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum