View Full Version : guestbook???

06-18-2004, 09:08 PM
is there a HTML code that you can make your own guestbook?? and it free! :D like can you direct a post to a page (.html) and upload it to your site host?? :( :confused:

06-18-2004, 11:04 PM
It would need to be a server side script, however, there are many remotely hosted guestbooks around, just do a little googling.

06-19-2004, 12:02 AM
what is a server side script?? i suck at this kind of stuff!!! i'm not a computer wiz!!!! and i've looked for free guestbooks a none of them are ad free and i can't make it the way i want it to look! :(

06-19-2004, 12:09 AM
Unfortunately you'll need at least some sort of basic knowledge of how to install a server side script (ie: Perl or PHP) to have a guest book working. Having said that, here are some guestbook scripts: http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/Guestbooks/

06-19-2004, 05:13 AM
um... ok :confused: thank you so so much!!... but.... is there anyting none CGI script??? i don't have a CGI-bin on my web hosting!! i'm using yahoo geocities (free)!!! because it says:

"Upload the bnbbook.cgi to your server's cgi directory. Usually that is cgi-bin. Make sure you upload the file as ASCII if you are going from a PC/MAC to Unix!"

i'm not using Unix!!! and i have windows 98!!! :confused:

06-19-2004, 05:58 AM
hmm yea id go with some type of server side language but to tell you the truth i think that frontpage has one of their webbot thingers and has a guestbook built in, its pretty sweet.. excpet the bad thing is the posts are veiwed in ascending order(newest at the bottom)

06-22-2004, 10:35 AM
hey bratzmania001...u can't upload cgi except html and javascripts at geocites.com

check http://guestbookworld.com thats the place where i usually sign up for sites which i build!!! :thumbsup:

if u dont like that - Go to google and search for "free hosted guestbook" and whatever...good luck

06-24-2004, 07:59 AM
if you would like a web service that has a guestbook, use www.50megs.com they give u 50mB of space, with a guestbook and also a subdomain www.yourchoice.50megs.com and they also have packages for you to sign up and get bonuses on top of your storage limit and include CGI and other server side languages.

06-30-2004, 09:48 PM
Or my site does the exact same thing: