View Full Version : Right-click menu script problem

Bobo
06-18-2004, 07:12 PM
I have a script for a "right-click" pop-up menu. Unfortunately, there is a problem w/ the script and I cannot determine what it is. Any help is appreciated. The div used for the menu is under the ID "JI" and the code is as follows:

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--hide
var E=window.document.getElementById("JI").style;
function Z(evt) {
if (event.button==2||evt.button==2||event.button==3||evt.button==3) {
var xpos= (evt||event).clientX;
var ypos= (evt||event).clientY;
E.visibility='visible';
E.top=ypos;
E.left=xpos
}
//|3
else if ( ( (evt.clientY>=parseFloat(E.top)&&evt.clientY<=Number(parseFloat(E.top))+parseFloat(E.height)) || (event.clientY>=parseFloat(E.top)&&event.clientY<=Number(parseFloat(E.top))+parseFloat(E.height)) ) && ( (evt.clientX>=parseFloat(E.left)&&evt.clientX<=Number(parseFloat(E.left))+parseFloat(E.width)) || (event.clientX>=parseFloat(E.left)&&event.clientX<=Number(parseFloat(E.left))+parseFloat(E.width)) ) ) {
E.visibilty='visible'
}
else {E.visibility='hidden'}
}
document.onmousedown=Z
//--->
</script>upi

SlySecretSpy
06-18-2004, 10:20 PM
The problem here is that if your running this before the page loads, then the div element "JI" will not exist yet. So you need to place the code...
....inside the function. Like Below.

<!--hide
function Z(evt) {
E.visibility='visible';
E.top=ypos;
E.left=xpos
}
//|3
else if ( ( (evt.clientY>=parseFloat(E.top)&&evt.clientY<=Number(parseFloat(E.top))+parseFloat(E.height)) || (event.clientY>=parseFloat(E.top)&&event.clientY<=Number(parseFloat(E.top))+parseFloat(E.height)) ) && ( (evt.clientX>=parseFloat(E.left)&&evt.clientX<=Number(parseFloat(E.left))+parseFloat(E.width)) || (event.clientX>=parseFloat(E.left)&&event.clientX<=Number(parseFloat(E.left))+parseFloat(E.width)) ) ) {
E.visibilty='visible'
}
}
document.onmousedown=Z
//--->
</script>

Bobo
06-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Cool, that worked out. Apparently there is another problem: when I click on or off the menu to use it or to get rid of it, I get an error saying "button" is null or not an object. I can't seem to fix that either. Any ideas?

SlySecretSpy
06-18-2004, 10:54 PM
I need to see the html that goes with it to see what your passing.

Bobo
06-18-2004, 11:12 PM
This is it minus the stuff not related to the menu.

<html><head><title>Playroom!!</title>
<!--hide
function Z(evt) {
E.visibility='visible';
E.top=ypos;
E.left=xpos
}
//|3
E.visibilty='visible'
}
}
document.onmousedown=Z
//--->
</script>

</head><body bgcolor=steelblue>
<div id="JI" style="left:1;top:1;z-index:279.0879439;visibility:hidden;width:79px;height:379px;position:absolute;border:2.5 tan outset;filter:progID:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(gradienttype=0,startcolorstr=#0012dc,endcol orstr=royalblue)">![ThisPart is being worked on]</div>

</body></html>

I think the button thing is from ~.button==2/3, however I don't know why it thinks it's 'null or not an object.'

SlySecretSpy
06-18-2004, 11:41 PM
Will this work. You might want to add at least a border to the menu, cause of course that filter won't work in Mozilla.

<html><head><title>Playroom!!</title>
<!--hide
function Z(evt) {
var rightclick;
if (!evt) evt = window.event;
if (evt.which) rightclick = (evt.which == 3);
else if (evt.button) rightclick = (evt.button == 2);
if (rightclick != false) {
document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false") ;
var xpos= evt.clientX;
var ypos= evt.clientY;
E.visibility='visible';
E.top=ypos;
E.left=xpos
}
//|3
E.visibilty='visible'
}
}
document.onmousedown=Z;
//--->
</script>
</head><body bgcolor=steelblue>
<div id="JI" style="left:1;top:1;z-index:279.0879439;visibility:hidden;width:79px;height:379px; position:absolute;border:2.5 tan outset;filter:progID:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(gradienttype=0,startcolorstr=#0012dc,endc olorstr=royalblue)">![ThisPart is being worked on]</div>
</body></html>

Bobo
06-19-2004, 12:57 AM
:thumbsup: That worked perfectly!! THANKS!!!!!!!! BTW, it does have a border. Thanks again!!

SlySecretSpy
06-19-2004, 01:03 AM
border:2.5 tan outset

should be

border:2.5px outset tan

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum