View Full Version : Hunting for a drop down menu w/graphics

medea
06-14-2004, 10:35 AM
To preface - I really can't call myself a scripter because I'm one of those types who plug in the info where the tutorial says I should.

I'm on the hunt for a left side, horizontal, drop down menu script that allows me to -fully- customize the look of a drop down menu with my own graphics. I'm looking (hoping for) a script that allows:

the initial menu topics to be .jpgs or .gifs which are the links to open up the submenus. (no text link)
the 'clicked' menu topics to be a different .jpg or .gif (to visually give an extra highlight to the opened topic)
allows a .jpg or .gif background for the actual submenu or links, and a possible 'bottom' graphic at the end of the opened topic to give it a finished look.

As you might imagine, I'm having a bit of trouble in my search (most drop down menu scripts I've found allow you only to alter hex colors for buttons and text, etc.)

SO, all of that out of the way, my two questions are:
Is this even possible?
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on such a script?

--thanks

guowei1000
06-14-2004, 10:48 AM
arhhh, should be possible but i'm no programer so i cant really tell. What i can tell is that, I doubt u can find something like that on the net, at most find parts of it :P
So what better way then to program ur own!

Cause i doubt that anyone will wan to help other to program something like that without the person doing anything(freeloader?unless u are paying them to do the coding...)

:D So go to ur nearest library and borrow a book on basic Javascript ;)

so to end!! i posted something which held no ans so should not be post at the first place !! Cheers!

glenngv
06-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Have you seen brothercake's menu (http://www.udm4.com/)?

NEExt
06-14-2004, 11:45 PM
I've always been a huge fan of HV menu (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/), which can do pretty much everything you describe, and generally loads really fast.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum