View Full Version : PHP Popup

anarchy3200
05-20-2004, 09:50 PM
is it possible to create a php popup window with a set size etc like a javascript one?

what i am trying to do it take a form then post the values that the user entered in the popup.

is it possible to do without using an onsubmit in the form tag?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

mordred
05-20-2004, 10:24 PM
No, that's not possible in PHP, because it runs on the server and hasn't go the slightest idea what a popup window would be. If you don't want to rely on JavaScript, which would be the appropriate language for this task, you can put a target="windowName" attribute in the <form> tag, and the result will be opened in a new window. You can't control the dimensions of the newly opened window though.

raf
05-21-2004, 09:18 AM
Like mordred said : can not b done with PHP.
If you don't wan't to rely on javascript, then you also have no means for closing the window again (which is a big problem in my opinion because that window keeps the session alive and can leak your sessionID). So my position on this is to only open a new window if i realy can't avoid it, and only using javascript so that i can close it a few clicks later.

If it needs to be completely universal, then i either not use popups at all, or i simulate a popup-like thing with a div that i place above the other content.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum