View Full Version : Thirsty Fish Blog

Antoniohawk
05-18-2004, 09:06 PM
(constructive criticism shield up)

[http://www.graphics-forum.com/manicpyro/thirstyfish/fish.html]

ronaldb66
05-19-2004, 09:58 AM
You would think fish would be the last to have that problem... :D

Anyway: fairly basic, but nice and clean; I'd suggest a somewhat more refined masthead image, like anti-aliased and with a bit of highlights and shadows. Yes, I use IE so I don't see the png, and yes, you can make a gif look better then that.

The navigation list doesn't show up, but maybe that's intended. Coding looks good (as expected!), it just may need a bit more visual interest.
Loooove the inset quote; however, the blockquote element would be far more appropriate then a classed div.

Oh, and I would reduce the footer text size a little, and provide some more seperation from the content running down against it.

I glanced over your CSS rules, and spotted these:

#title {
padding: 10px;
}
#title h1,h3 {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
color: white;
}
The second rule will effectively cancel out the 10px padding of the first; I don't know if this is a problem, but I thought I'd mention it.

mindlessLemming
05-19-2004, 11:30 AM
I think it could use with more line-spacing on the body text, possibly a little more letter-spacing also.
Personally I'ld increase all your font sizes by 20% across the board, it's just a tad small for reading an entire page worth.
The menu could also handle being more prominent.
Other than that, very tasteful. :)

Antoniohawk
05-19-2004, 08:42 PM
@Ronald

#title h1,h3 {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
color: white;
}
Wouldn't cancel out anything as far as I know. That margin is applying to the h1 and h3, not the element with the title id.

Thank you both. I just found out that www.thirstyfish.com is taken, so who knows what lies in the future of the domain name.

ronaldb66
05-24-2004, 11:33 AM
Antoniohawk,

You're absolutely right: I must have had something in my eye to misread that, like a brick... :o

JohnnyPotseed
05-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Very nice. Simple, clean, nicely laid out and well coded. :cool:

]|V|[agnus
05-28-2004, 10:48 PM
That grey and that blue do not mix well. It feels rather lifeless. The links in body text, against that grey, are a bit of a strain on the eyes. I enjoy the simple fish graphic, though.

Antoniohawk
05-29-2004, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the comments, keep 'em coming and I'll change some stuff in the next couple of days.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum