View Full Version : Bills regarding anti-spam, spyware, etc..

sad69
05-18-2004, 01:18 AM
I've been reading a little bit about some bills that are being passed:
http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3354571

But I'm not sure who these bills aim to protect. Like is this only in American legislation/jurisdiction (I'm not much of a lawyer...)? I'm Canadian and I know that many users on this board are not USA citizens, so how are we affected by the passing of these bills? Or are we affected by the passing of these bills?

I didn't really know who to ask, so I thought maybe I'd stir something here to learn something.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and knowledge.

Sadiq.

bradyj
05-18-2004, 01:37 AM
I've been reading a little bit about some bills that are being passed:
http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3354571

But I'm not sure who these bills aim to protect. Like is this only in American legislation/jurisdiction (I'm not much of a lawyer...)? I'm Canadian and I know that many users on this board are not USA citizens, so how are we affected by the passing of these bills? Or are we affected by the passing of these bills?

I didn't really know who to ask, so I thought maybe I'd stir something here to learn something.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and knowledge.

Sadiq.

If it's american, then you can only be prosecuted if you affect american consumerism -- I'm american, I see it happening quite a bit. If you do spam in the country and it can be tracked, you're open for possible litigation in our country because you're doing business in our country. But, as we always know, you can't stop science... computer geeks are much smarter than the highest paid politicians. It's more lip service than actual deeds, more cosmetic than anything.

gsnedders
05-18-2004, 02:20 AM
SPAM is allow illegal in the UK.

Mhtml
05-27-2004, 04:33 PM
They outlawed it here a while ago.

kwhubby
05-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Wow it would be nice if spam was outlawed here :D I get something around 50 spam emails a day.

bradyj
05-28-2004, 07:57 AM
Wow it would be nice if spam was outlawed here :D I get something around 50 spam emails a day.

I get more than that on all my accounts, and it is outlawed :( Very aggressively in California I might add... however, newspapers have said they've had a tough time 'tracking' them, maybe need some smarter people working those computers - those are state employees of my income tax? Hmmm :rolleyes:

mindlessLemming
05-28-2004, 09:13 AM
4 active email accounts.
Not one single spam in over 2 years.
(Except from "Hotmail Member News")
:D:cool::D

scroots
06-07-2004, 09:19 PM
you can make spam illegal but it will come from places where it is not illega.

There are many places where it will not be made illegal for a long time.

scroots

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum