View Full Version : Back Button

05-06-2004, 01:11 PM
How do i make my back button to function like the browsers back button where it doesnt erase the text fields filled up by users?

05-06-2004, 01:35 PM
i tried putting this

<a href = "Javascript:history.go(-1)">

But i dont know why sometimes the data will be there and sometimes not..

Can i know whats the problem

Roy Sinclair
05-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Why not just let the users use the back button provided by the browser, why do you need to reproduce the interface on your page?

05-07-2004, 05:56 AM
Basically im developing this system for a small clinic. Im very sure some of them are not aware of the browsers back button. Anyway, i dont want my user to bother about the functionality provided by the browser. I there any ways how can i implement this task

05-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Javascript is not a browser-specific language, so it won't give you access to anything on any browser. VBScript on the other hand is specific to IE, so it may give you access to that back button..

Here's something for Microsoft, maybe it'll help:

But you're creating an 'intranet' site, aren't you? Or will the public have access to this site? Because if only the users in the clinic will use it, you will probably have to teach them how to use your application and at that time you can teach them abou the browser's back button. But you know your business better than us I guess...

Hope that helps,

05-07-2004, 07:49 PM
<a href ="javascript:history.back();">te<a>