View Full Version : Using no right click with refresh script for webcam pop-up

showjumpers66
05-06-2004, 03:03 AM
I am having issues with CoffeeCup pop-up webcam script. My refresh is set for 16 seconds but during traffic it is only refreshing every 2 minutes. I have checked with my ISP (cable) and there is not a problem with the images loading every 16 seconds to the host. I checked with the host, BlueDomino, and there is not an issue with my bandwidth. The CoffeeCup support agent said that it may be a conflict with the no right click script that I was told to add and that I need an onload script. I reviewed the FAQs and previous topics here, but I do not understand how to use it. Could someone explain it in laymans terms? Is it really necessary to have the no right click script to prevent WCW? Thanks!

Pop-up Webcam Window (http://www.quantumleapfarm.com/webcam.html)

<script language="Javascript">
<!--
function refreshCam(){
rfsh = new Date() ; rfsh = "?"+rfsh.getTime()
document.images["webcam"].src = "webcam.jpg"+rfsh
setTimeout("refreshCam()", 16000) // 16 Secs
}
//-->
</script>

<script language="Javascript1.2">
am = "No WCW, please!";
bV = parseInt (navigator.appVersion)
bNS = navigator.appName=="Netscape"
bIE = navigator.appName=="Microsoft Internet Explorer"
function nrc(e) {
if (bNS && e.which > 1) {
alert(am)
return false
} else if (bIE && (event.button >1)) {
alert(am)
return false;
}
}
document.onmousedown = nrc;
if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
if (bNS && bV<5) window.onmousedown = nrc;
</script>

glenngv
05-06-2004, 04:50 AM
No need for the right click script. See discussions on the "block source codes" link in my sig for details.

showjumpers66
05-06-2004, 05:07 AM
Thanks for your help. I'll remove the no right click script until I figure something else out. Learning Java is too much for my sleep deprived brain right now ... have to wait until breeding season is over. But, I am making it a priority this summer.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum