View Full Version : "Open Source" JavaScript Projects?

JonTheGeek
05-04-2004, 07:43 PM
As I mentioned over here (http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=38028), I'm working (or starting to work) on a javascript derivative calculator (to find the derivative of an equation). I think this is something that could have a wide variety of applications.

Would anyone be willing in helping me set up something like an "open source" project for calculus in JavaScript? I know it isn't quite the same as a normal open source project (since JavaScript isn't a compiled language), but I'm thinking we'd all include a link to the "open source" site for the project in whatever project we use it in, and that page would have links to each of our projects (sort of a mutual advertising arrangement).

Note that I'll probably eventually be using this in a commercial (educational, if that helps) product. If you're reluctant to help me in a commercial venture, I understand.

I see there are 1718 "JavaScript" projects on sourceforge.net, but it looks like at least some of those only include JavaScript as one component out of many.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum